Author Topic: Scotinotylus alpigena (L. Koch, 1869)  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Martin Lemke

• Nytt forummedlem
Scotinotylus alpigena (L. Koch, 1869)
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:21:49 PM »
Found on our Finnmark excursions

Jaconselv dunes. Habitat photo attached.

One male under the woods of gras on sandy habitat e few hundret meters from the russin border. Magne has the coordinates.

Original thread in our german forum:
http://spinnen-forum.de/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg53876#msg53876

The spider is send to Kjetil by snail mail.

Martin
Northern Germany

Offline Kjetil Åkra

• Artskoordinator
Re: Scotinotylus alpigena (L. Koch, 1869)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 05:48:29 PM »
How wonderful to see you here, Martin! Welcome!

I agree with your comment on the German forum that we should have investigated this and other habitats in more detail. But on the other hand, now we have a good reason to go back!!

Regarding your wish to visit some "Birkenwald" we saw large areas of these on our return journey, more specifically in western Finnmark!

Kjetil
Antall arter i Norge: 624!

Siste: Bjarte Aadland slo til med ett overraskende funn av Robertus ungulatus (Theriididae) på Rognabekken myrområde på Stord i november 2012.

Vårt mål: 650 arter! (26 to go!)

Offline Martin Lemke

• Nytt forummedlem
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:15:26 AM »
Regarding your wish to visit some "Birkenwald" we saw large areas of these on our return journey, more specifically in western Finnmark!

I vistited a birch forest at our stop on the bog in Pasvikdalen near Langfjordeid (N/O: 69.5867/ 29.9763) on 2011-07-26. It was the absolute mosquito horror. I left it afer a few minutes.

Martin

Northern Germany

Offline Kjetil Åkra

• Artskoordinator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »
Indeed, that is the downside with that kind of habitat at that time of year!

Perhaps we were a little biased in our selection of habitats, but Glenn and me both love bogs and we suspected many new species would be found there and in adjacent woods.

Next time we go to Finnmark we´ll probably concentrate more on birch forests and areas a little more west in Finnmark.

Kjetil
Antall arter i Norge: 624!

Siste: Bjarte Aadland slo til med ett overraskende funn av Robertus ungulatus (Theriididae) på Rognabekken myrområde på Stord i november 2012.

Vårt mål: 650 arter! (26 to go!)

Offline Martin Lemke

• Nytt forummedlem
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
Next time we go to Finnmark we´ll probably concentrate more on birch forests ...

You better mix the habitats. Rocky grounds, sandy areas, birch forests, pine forest, wet forests, dry forests, domestic areas (inside and outside) and bogs also! And also mix the methods.

Martin
Northern Germany